The Essential Family Camping Checklist
You have a family camping trip coming up and you couldn’t be more excited. But then the thought hits you: “Do we have everything that we need?”
Forgetting a crucial bit of kit can put a dampener on the whole experience. You need to make a checklist of everything that you need to take with you before you go. Or, you can use this handy checklist that Tentworld provides. If you have everything on this list, you’ll have an amazing camping holiday.
Item #1 – The Right Sleeping Bags
Did you know that there are different types of sleeping bags? Some work best in warm climates whereas others keep you snug when the temperature drops.
Going camping with the wrong sleeping bag can leave you shivering or sweating all through the night. Check the weather forecast and make sure you’re taking the right sleeping bags for the job.
Item #2 – A Waterproof Tent With Equipment
You need a waterproof tent for the “just in case” scenario. After all, there’s always a chance that the forecast might be wrong. A little unexpected rain could soak everything in the tent if you go for the cheaper option.
You also have to ensure you bring everything that you need to get the tent set up. That includes:
These aren’t always packed in with the tent itself, so keep all of the bags together to make sure you don’t forget something.
Item #3 – Cooking Utensils
Food is an obvious item. Make sure you have a mix of food items though. Only taking food that needs cooking can come back to bite you if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
As for camping utensils, there’s plenty to consider. Make sure you have all of the following:
- Heavy-duty plates and cups
- A can opener
- Knives, forks, and other utensils
- A washing up bowl
- Some paper towels
- A tablecloth
- Some tin foil (this is great for cooking on an open flame)
- Some hand sanitiser for quick cleaning while you’re handling food
Finally, make sure you bring a couple of bin bags along. You have to clean up to leave the campsite in its original state.
Item #4 – The First Aid Essentials
A decent first aid kit is absolutely essential for a camping holiday. All sorts of cuts, scraps, and bruises can happen in the great outdoors. You need equipment for cleaning and bandaging small wounds.
Of course, you have to remember any medication that you or your family members take. Pack it in with the first aid kit.
You can never have enough band aids and it’s worth investing in a good antiseptic cream. Your sunscreen falls into this category too, as you’ll spend a lot of time outdoors. Make sure it’s strong enough to deal with the climate that you’re expecting. Pack some after-sun lotion too, just in case.
Item #5 – The Other Survival Essentials
That takes care of a lot of what you’ll need to make your camping holiday great. Finally, there are the other essentials. These include all of the following:
- Suitable outdoor clothing. Pack for all types of weather so that you’re not caught short if the forecast fails you.
- Bring your own toiletries. It’s likely that your campsite will have facilities, but you can’t always guarantee that they’ll be well stocked.
- Camping furniture including chairs and tables. You don’t want to spend the entire holiday sitting uncomfortably on the floor.
- Some insect repellent. It’s also worth investing in hats and fly nets to keep insects away from your face.
- A good torch. Make sure that it works properly before packing it. Also, pack some spare batteries and a spare bulb or two.
- Some candles with a cigarette lighter or matches. Just in case the torch breaks.
- Always bring plenty of water.
There you have it. A comprehensive list of all of the essentials that you need to make your family camping holiday a success. Of course, there’s plenty of other equipment that you could take too.
So, where do you find everything that you need for your trip?
Tentworld offers a huge catalogue of camping equipment that will help you fill out this checklist and so much more.
Check out the online store to get everything that you need.