Camp Oven Recipe: Cheese & Bacon Cob Loaf
Date Posted:7 April 2018
1 large onion
250g cream cheese
300g ricotta cheese
100g tasty cheese
1 white cob loaf
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (or camp oven)
- Slice off the top of your cob loaf to make a lid. (Don't cut too far down the loaf or you won't be able to fit as much dip inside)
- Pull the soft bread from inside of the loaf. (Be careful not to go all the way to the bottom of the loaf. You can easily make a hole if the bottom isn't really crisp and you don't want that)
- Pop the bread pieces in a zip lock bag until you’re ready to use them again so it stays fresh.
- Dice your onion and bacon and fry until onion is translucent and bacon is very lightly browned.
- Add the bacon and onion to a bowl
- Add other ingredients.
- Mix well
- Fill your cob load with the cheese mixture
- Place the lid of the cob back on top
- Wrap in alfoil
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove the alfoil and back into oven for an additional 10 mins