Biteaway Insect Bite HealerSKU:BITEAWAY PLU:134412
Notify me when back in stock
The Biteaway is a device which was developed for the external treatment of insect bites and stings, from mosquitos, wasps, bees, hornets and horseflies as well as for burns after contact with bluebottles, jellyfish or stinging nettle. Well-designed and simple to use, Bite Away features patented German technology using heat to de-nature the sting and rapidly reduce the pain. A tiny integrated micro-processor heats the skin to approx. 50 degrees, three seconds for children and six for adults. The heat penetrates the skin and denatures the proteins and toxins of the sting, thereby stopping the pain and preventing the histamine release that causes the itch.
Bite Away is completely safe for everyone, including children and pregnant women. It's chemical free and leaves no residue either on the skin or in the environment. Bite Away is called an insect bite healer as the technology used to stop the pain and itching of an insect bite also aids in the healing of the bite. For us this means that the lump and swelling of our bites reduce and disappear much faster than if they were left untreated.
Bite Away is compact, splash-proof and portable. Perfect for the beach, the pool and anywhere you're out and about. It's battery operated, taking two AA batteries, and with careful use will continue to last. So for people who love the outdoor life, and for those who just like being well-prepared, Bite Away is an ideal addition to your camping essentials. With a Bite Away handy, the next time you're having fun in the great outdoors, the least of your worries will be insect bites.
How to use:
Bite Away has 2 button selections
- Right button - 5 to 6 seconds - suitable for youth and adults
- Left button - 2 to 3 seconds - suitable for children and adults with delicate skin
- Select the button of your choice
- Place round contact plate over bite
- Push selected button and you will hear an acoustic sound
- Then you will see the LED light go on - this signals the start of the treatment
- The LED will go off to signal the end of the treatment
- End of treatment is also signaled by an acoustic sound
- Lift Bite Away off skin after each application
- Treats bite by heating to a temperature of between 49ºC and 51ºC for 3 to 6 seconds
- Denatures or decomposes the insect toxins/protein preventing the body's histamine reaction
- Can be applied immediately after sting or hours later
- Safe for use by pregnant women, people with epilepsy and people with allergies
- Works on 2 x AA batteries
Package size: 16 x 10 x 4cm
Product size: 17 x 3 x 3 cm
Medical Device Class 2A approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration of Australia (TGA) Approval no. 223108
Not recommended for use with rechargeable batteries - needs between 2.6 and 3.6V. Rechargeable are 1.2V and therefore the output would not be sufficient to have the biteaway work correctly.