OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag
Notify me when back in stock
This OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag is an iconic part of Australian camping - the freedom you feel when rolling out your all-in-one shelter and bed cannot be beaten. This swag is well ventilated and offers a comfortable and relaxing nights sleep. All the pegs and ropes required to set up your swag are included, so there's no excuse not to go out and enjoy the Aussie Outback!
The OZtrail Mitchell Dome swag is one of Australia's most popular dome swags. The Mitchell Swag is known for its great features and durable construction. Featuring tough and reliable 330gsm SatProof 600+ ripstop canvas and an easy to set up 3 pole dome style construction. The protected front head and foot awnings work great for all weather ventilation and the full length top opening allows for easy access into the swag.
- Tough and reliable SatProof 600+ Ripstop Canvas
- 3-pole dome style construction with generous height
- High-Tensile Durallium 7001 alloy poles
- Protective head and foot window awning for all weather ventilation
- Sturdy No. 10 coil zips with twin pullers for easy access to full length top opening
- Excellent ventilation with foot vent, large head window and full length top entry
- No-See-Um mesh for total insect control
- 6cm high density open-cell foam mattress with poly cotton sleeping surface
- Removable mattress cover for easy washing
- Sturdy webbing roll straps with double D rings
- Pegs and ropes included to allow versatile set up
- 2 internal storage pockets
Sleeps: 1 Adult in comfort.
Canvas: 330 gsm SatProof 600+ Ripstop Canvas.
Mattress: Extra deep 6cm Open Cell foam mattress, removable washable polycotton mattress cover with waterproof base.
Floor: 330 gsm SatProof 600+ Ripstop Canvas.
Mesh Windows: No-See-Um Mesh keeps out even the smallest biting insects to give you an insect-free zone for a great nights sleep.
Environmental Control: Large mesh panels provide great ventilation. Entry can be zipped fully closed if required or partially opened.
Zips: #8 Coil zip for window flap, #10 Coil zip for top opening.
Climate Rating: Cold to tropical conditions.
Pole System: Full size triple pole hoop dome style system using Durallium 7001 Alloy Poles.
Pegs & Guy Ropes: Heavy duty guy ropes & sturdy pegs included.
Storage Solutions: Two easy to locate inner storage pockets.
Dimensions: Swag: 90 x 210 cm. Swag Head Height: 70 cm.
Boxed Dimensions: 89 x 28 x 29cm.
Weight: 8 kg.
Pack Size: 40 cm diameter x 90 cm.
Pack: Webbing roll straps with Double D rings provided.
2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty against defects of material or manufacture
Reviews of OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag
OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag(5) By: Matthew on 17 August 2017Product is great, very good quality for the price, and simple to set up! The Swag also rolls back up really tight and stores away nicely Only thing I would suggest is purchasing another mat to go under the king mattress for comfort. But all in all, great item. Made of tough stuff! Will last a long time!
OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag(5) By: A hird on 20 June 2017Value for money
OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag(5) By: Paul Bruce on 8 May 2017Very impressed with the delivery service.9 out off 10.Swag itself easy to set up & well worth the money no complaints at all with the swag.Highly recommend.
OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag(4) By: Cindy Williams on 27 January 2017We purchased this swag for teenage son's birthday and ordering and delivery was easy and quick. The product itself has been seasoned and used and we are very happy. Great size, good quality mattress and well designed vents.
OZtrail Mitchell King Single Dome Swag(4) By: Kylie on 14 November 2016So the quality is good and the poles have the easy to attach clips so you don't have to feed them through like other swags which was one of my main reasons for choosing this one (except the centre one which is installed inside and a bit of a pain).... But.... The base is not water proof like other swags, its just canvas all the way round so it needs to be set-up inside a tent or on a tarp... which kind of defeats the purpose of having a swag. Its not a bad product you just need to be sure that it fits your purpose, I would have paid a little more for a better base, but I'll be using it in our awing tent so all good. The mattress is premium! Usually you get those flimsy thin ones and have to buy an upgrade, so this is where the value is in this swag.
Glad you're happy with your new swag :). In regards to the base of the swag base canvas being waterproof, you will find that it is. We always recommend that you condition your swag before you take it camping. This basically involves fully soaking your swag, then drying it 3+ times. On the final one, you should find that none of the seams leak any longer. If there is a pesky seam, applying a small amount of seam sealer to the area will help with that. This is standard procedure with any new canvas product.
Assuming you've done this, there there can be two reasons why you might get wet through the floor.
1) Condensation, this can be a problem in any swag regardless of the floor material. To avoid this, try to always keep your head vent open, regardless of how cold it is. Keeping this open will allow the moisture in your breath escape, rather than settling on the floor of your swag. Depending on the humidity, and condensation levels at the time some levels of condensation can never be avoided but shouldnt spoil your sleep. It may mean you need to dry out your mattress during the day though.
2) Water pooling under the swag. Try to never setup in an area where water can pool under or around your swag. If your swags in a pool of water, the water will eventually manage to seep through the canvas due to the water pressure. Instead try to set up on a very slight incline.
Hope these tips help! Happy swagging!